“The machinations of social media are, in an understatement, complex. The Web Analytics feature of Pinterest (while also complex), is also going to benefit the disciples of platform, as it will literally point out to them what boards are working for them (and which ones aren’t). Looking at the breakdown of how these analytics are organized, it makes one wonder if the capacity to analyze and detect ups and downs of social media numbers will have the same impact as following the stock market.”
Introducing Pinterest Web Analytics
by Tao Tao
March 12, 2013
Bloggers, businesses, and organizations often ask us, “what are people pinning from my websites?” These website owners help create the content on Pinterest and we wanted to help them understand which pieces of content people find most interesting. Today, we’re pleased to announce Pinterest Web Analytics, a first step towards doing just that. Web Analytics gives site owners insights into how people are interacting with pins that originate from their websites.
If you have a verified website, you’ll get information about how many people have pinned from your site, how many people have seen these pins, and how many people visited your site from Pinterest. We’ll also show you a selection of your most repinned, most clicked, and most recent pins so you have a better idea of what’s popular. For example, if you have a travel blog, you’ll be able to see whether people are pinning your ski vacation posts or beach vacation posts more.
To get started, just follow these steps:
- Get early access to Pinterest’s new look.
- Make sure you have a verified website. If you have a website listed on your profile with a check mark next to it, you’re verified. If not, follow these steps to verify.
- Once your website is verified, go to the top right menu and click on Analytics.
- Start exploring! Change your date range to see how things have changed over time or download your analytics to sort through the data on your own time.
Today’s announcement builds on the set of tools we offer for website owners including business accounts, Pin It buttons and board widgets. We think that these tools will help website owners understand what’s working for them and what’s not so that they can create even better pins in the future. We even updated our business site with new tips and case studies to make things easier. Over the coming months, we hope to add new tools and more detailed insights, so let us know what else you would like to see.
EGC Group on Twitter
- This anti-spoiler Twitter app is awesome. The programmer behind it is even more awesome. http://t.co/2CXfXILJOO 03:10:11 PM June 11, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- This tweet brought to you by #iOS7! http://t.co/y6BnBXBdaR 10:30:17 AM June 11, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Welcome aboard, Jim! (He's running our new craft beverage division!) http://t.co/2ZlbWSQTGP 03:05:27 PM June 10, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Did you miss the Weekend Reading? We're looking at #leadership, disruptive #innovation, and #commencement speeches: http://t.co/wCYvgQwNHw 08:31:38 AM June 10, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ad Review Tuesdays
- admissions marketing
- Advertising Agency
- Advertising Agency
- Advertising in Today's Economy: How to Emerge a Market
- Celebrity Guest Blogger
- Content Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Event Marketing
- Great Article
- Online Marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- The EGC Weekend Reading
- The Latest Trends in Marketing
- Traditional Media
- Weekend Reading
TagsAdvertising advertising agency Andrea LaSala Snyder apple Black Friday brand awareness Branding cable TV advertising charity content marketing CreateAthon CRM digital digital marketing digital media Education and Assistance Corporation EGC egc group Ernie Canadeo Event Marketing facebook franchise marketing Girl Scouts of Suffolk County google Independent Group Home Living iPads for Autism iphone leadership marketing new media Nicole Larrauri non-profit Online Marketing online media organic search retail retail marketing search engine marketing search engine optimization seo Social media Social Networking The EGC Group Twitter video marketing