On October 2nd, EGC attended the 2012 Search Marketing Expo (SMX), held in NYC’s Javits Center. Many of EGC’s key players in SEO, paid search, and management were on hand to hear exclusive presentations from top search companies like Google, Bing, and SEMPO (Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization). All in all, it was a terrific event that allowed the EGC team to add to their existing search marketing best practices.
The SEO team met with industry experts and discussed how to include interesting and sharable content in organic search strategies. “Write great content for your audiences,” commented Vanessa Fox of Search Engine Land, “and don’t try to manipulate search engine algorithms.” The paid search teams later met with SEM pundits from Google and Bing, and discussed the importance of paid search in driving offline sales.
Here are some of the many takeaways from the event:
- Google covered the many new features and enhancements to the Adwords and DoubleClick platforms, all designed for more impactful and scalable campaigns.
- Features like seller rating extensions, call extensions, enhanced product listing ads, and new remarketing tags all have the potential to improve search campaigns.
- The impact of search marketing is only growing; there are now currently 100 billion Google queries per month.
- Bing Ads, formally known as adCenter, rolled out many new features this year. They relaunched their ad platform, which included new testing for ad copy which will drive clickthrough rate.
- Bing also made announcements about new desktop enhancements, negative conflict reports, and Rich Ads In Search (RAIS).
- In 2013, Bing Ads will feature Demo Targeting, better targeting controls, and new ad products to increase and gain additional volume.
For more information about SMX, visit them at www.searchmarketingexpo.com.
Written by Justin Lashley, Business Development Manager
Subscribe to our E-Newsletter
EGC Group on Twitter
- Kim Sivillo: Study in Digital Commerce - Kim Sivillo, Director of Client Services Twitter: @kimsivillo "The only s... http://t.co/L6WbH0T50b about 20 hours ago ReplyRetweetFavorite
- The Weekend Reading is out -- read about the #digital #revolution and how to communicate with tech-savvy consumers: http://t.co/9gpB9YxRdM 12:39:05 PM May 17, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EGC's Laura Kicinski introduces us to the giant #Dollhouse exhibit in #GrandCentral Station: http://t.co/i9qBI2gpqY @Target 11:06:12 AM May 15, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- EGC Group awarded PR Campaign of the Year tonight for Arts Alive! @ Public Relations Gala. http://t.co/QDpd7axflf 09:32:17 AM May 15, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Now they've extended the product line -- Yet another #hilarious #ad from @OldSpice touting their new bar soap: http://t.co/DtwkxWpCOP 11:06:10 AM May 14, 2013 ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Ad Review Tuesdays
- Advertising Agency
- Advertising Agency
- Advertising in Today's Economy: How to Emerge a Market
- Celebrity Guest Blogger
- Content Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Direct Marketing
- Event Marketing
- Great Article
- Online Marketing
- Public Relations
- Social Media
- Social Networking
- The EGC Weekend Reading
- The Latest Trends in Marketing
- Traditional Media
- Weekend Reading
TagsAdvertising advertising agency Andrea LaSala Snyder apple Black Friday brand awareness Branding cable TV advertising charity content marketing CreateAthon CRM digital digital marketing digital media Education and Assistance Corporation EGC egc group Ernie Canadeo Event Marketing facebook franchise marketing Girl Scouts of Suffolk County google Independent Group Home Living iPads for Autism iphone leadership marketing new media Nicole Larrauri non-profit Online Marketing online media organic search retail retail marketing search engine marketing search engine optimization seo Social media Social Networking The EGC Group Twitter video marketing